Turns out, not all of Albert Einstein's smarts were related to science.
Anyways…. This is going to be a post filled with random things I've learned over the past few weeks.
- In Detroit, it takes an hour and a half for the police to arrive at the scene of a (non-injury) car accident, but less than an hour to ticket you for parking too close to a fire hydrant.
- It requires twenty to thirty FBI investigators to investigate fraudulent health insurance claims. And they don't hesitate to use battering rams.
- If your tenant is two or more months behind on rent, one should issue an eviction notice as you never know who's going to be looking for said tenant.
- I am definitely not a fan of Weight Watchers Edamame Salad but I love their Chickpea and Feta Salad. I'm not saying I don't like edamame, by the way, but that salad just didn't do it for me. But don't take my word on it; try it yourself.
- I am either a complete whack job or much nicer than most people think, but either way, I get invited to parties by people I've never met in person.
- One asshole in the office can ruin an otherwise (relatively) happy place to work. Lesson to be learned here? Don't be the office asshole.
And the random things I've learned ends and the new places I've learned about begins.
A few weekends ago, some girlfriends and I went to the new Imagine Theater downtown Royal Oak
to see Bridesmaids (if you haven't seen it yet, do! It's hilarious, both for men and women). Anyways, as we roamed downtown Royal Oak, we made two discoveries I want to share. Before the movie, we went into Creative Arts Studio where we found a plethora of amazing and well priced jewelry and other accessories as well as a studio where you can learn how to fuse glass, throw a potter's wheel, make beaded jewelry, paint on glass and many, many other creative art techniques. You can check them out on their website http://creativeartsstudios.com/.
So for the past two years, I have been obsessed with cupcakes. Not just to eat, but everything cupcakes. I have a cupcake trinket my mom bought, endless cupcake stamps for my card making hobby, recipe books dedicated to cupcakes, and so much more. So with cupcake bakeries springing up all over, is it any wonder I love Taste Love Cupcakes? They're located on Main Street south of 11 Mile and just a little teeny bit north of Fourth Street. My personal favorite is the chocolate on chocolate, but I've heard absolutely wonderful things about the vegan too. Check out their FB page too for their daily specialty flavors.
I could rattle off a dozen other Royal Oak business I love, including 6 Salon, Beirut Palace, Skyward Group (be sure to ask for my friends Jen Stillwagon or Jeff Watson), and Caroline, Inc., owned by the beautiful Caroline Groeneveld. But I won't.
Instead, you'll just have to check out Drag Queen Bingo at Five15 for yourself.
P.S. – I started a FB Fan page for my blog. Check it out and "like it" for more up-to-the-minute news and witticisms I have to share. 🙂