I've been a bit crabby this week. Mostly because I'm sunburned and can't sleep because I can't get comfy because I'm sunburned. It's a vicious cycle, I know. So rather than trying to come up with the mental clarity to write stuff, it's going to be a randomized post.
- My family has a cabin on a beautiful inland lake outside of Kalkaska. It's relaxing, it's comfy, but watch out for the coffee mugs. Apparently my grandfather and dad find washing the mugs a bit strenuous and have been simply rinsing them for God only knows how long (Mandi, you wonder why I'm not in a hurry to have you come up. Now you know.)
- Sunburns hurt. And they blister. And if you pop a blister accidentally, you can unwillingly cause your coworker to gag when you have to peel your shirt away from the blister.
- I will always be an all you can eat mosquito buffet.
- One nice thing about sunburns. Any other complexion issues you have on your face are negated and your skin appears "glowing and dewy" when you go to work with no make-up on.
- I find bald guys sexy. No, seriously. I think Rick Harrison on History Channel's Pawn Stars is sexy as hell (bald, smart and funny? Give me some of that!). We were discussing my fetish at lunch yesterday when our creepy IT guy Chester, out of nowhere, asks me, "Naturally bald or manufactured?" Really? I swear if he comes in with his head shaved I'm going to quit my job.
- I've been divorced for six years now. A few months ago, my sister ran into Dipshit. She says
he looks like a catfish now.
- My aunt, my cousin's wife and I all agree that the men in my family all have bird legs.
- I met a new guy I'm sort of interested in. As suave as I'd love to pretend to be, I'm not and my insecurities regarding my looks came into question. His text message back to me was "Well, get over it. 🙂 Every guy likes a girl who likes herself. Cuz if you don't like you how do you expect others to like you." We all know he's right, but even he admits it's so much easier said than done.
- Finally got around to reading Katherine Stockett's book The Help. LOVED IT! The cadence of some of the characters took a page or two of getting used to, but the story was well written, held my interest, and didn't wrap up everything nice and neat. Plus, it gives one reason to pause every now and again. Can't wait for the movie!
- My weight loss project has fallen to the wayside. So much so that I enjoyed not only a Potbelly's Dream Bar with my lunch today, but also a slice of the Chocolate Raspberry Torte I brought to work to celebrate my divorce yesterday. This was on top of the sushi and Baked Potato Soup I had.
- I inspired so many of my girlfriends with my post about the merit badge book I found for "grown up girls" that we started an adult girl scout troop. Our first meeting is Tuesday!
And that's all the news that's fit to print today.