~ Liz Smith
My thoughts have been rather scattered lately so I decided to embrace it and write a post based on the more interesting tidbits running rampant in my mind.
- I was getting my hair cut and colored on Friday when a young girl in high school came into the salon. She had white-blonde hair so damaged no amount of shine drops or deep conditioner could make a person believe that was her natural color. Her pretty baby blue eyes were rimmed in thick black eyeliner and her lashes coated in layers of mascara. Is it any wonder my hairdresser and I both shuttered when she proclaimed loudly that she loved her Playboy Bunny hair since The Girls Next Door is her favorite tv show? Really? Mass media has no better role models to idolize than the housewives and bunnies we see on what passes as reality tv?
- Remember Anthony? Well, I saw him a few times throughout December when I required his assistance with a few projects I volunteered for at work. We definitely flirted, he grabbed my booty once, and we kissed each time we parted company. The funny thing is, even though we were also texting, I never made any huge overt advances towards him and the last time I even sent him a text was on Christmas when I wished him a chaste Merry Christmas. So imagine my surprise when I checked my phone the morning of New Years to find a text from him containing a picture of the woman he'd been dating over the summer feeding him whipped cream from the can. Thank goodness they were both dressed but really? You felt it necessary to send me that picture why? I know you're all wondering if I sent him a response. I did. It simply said, "Happy New Years to you too. Looks like you had fun last night!”
- I made my first offial nook® purchases this week. Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah for book club and Mindy Kaling's Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (and other concerns). I've started Kaling's book and find it quite enjoyable so far. I'll follow up with a review of both and other books I've enjoyed at a later date.
- Bad news about my nook® though. I found out on Friday when I was purchasing a cover that my Barnes & Noble member discount has absolutely no bearing on nook® purchases. Crapola.
- ReTodded has made a reappearance in my so-called life. Jury's still out as to how long he'll be around or if he'll be allowed to remain around even. Although just for the record, he did get new dentures.
- Preston and I text occassionally but that's about it. I also wished him a Merry Christmas via text only to get a response hours later that he was out hunting having done "the family thing last night." He's hot, smart, and funny to be sure but do I really want to involve myself with a guy who's that into hunting? Not that I'm against hunting, because I'm not. In all honesty, I actually find it sexy (more on that some other time perhaps). But no joke, it's Christmas. You should be spending it with friends and family. At lease that's my take on the holiday; we'll see what 2012 holds for me on that one.
- Finally got around to seeing Twilight: Breaking Dawn this weekend. I enjoyed it, which is more than my friend Ginger can say, but I also agree with her in the point that the movie needn't have been dragged out into two segments. It's not Harry Potter epic length by any stretch. Spend less time with these artistic shots and dragging out scenes and you could fit the entire book into one movie. Of course, there's less money to be made that way but you'd also irk your non-teen audience less. Pros and cons.
- As part of my annual weight loss resolution, I enrolled in a fitness class. Vixen Fitness' Sensual Movement series. It starts next Sunday and requires exotic dance shoes, which I bought on sale through Lovers Lane. I'm also trying to build my self confidence but how can you feel self confident if you feel clumsy and even a little gauche all the time? So I'm hoping this will help.
- And I'm still trying to write down all of my 2012 Declarations. I'm not making Resolutions this year, I'm making Declarations. I was tempted to call it the 2012 Bucket List, but yeah, that just didn't sound right.
So that's it darling readers. All of the thoughts floating through my head that I thought may be of interest to you but none of them being long enough to stand on their own as an individual blog post.
Something to look forward to…. A blog post regarding everyone's favorite coworker: IGOR!
And don't forget! Just because Sheila won the $25 Visa Gift Card for referring so many new fans to the Mo Livin' Large Facebook page doesn't mean I don't have anything else to give. Every week in January I have a $10 Starbucks gift card to give to my Fan of the Week. Simply comment on my posts, like a post, or even share a post with me and you can be the Fan of the Week!