… Picture about a Minnesota man so in love with a Mississippi girl that he sacrifices everything and moves all the ways to Biloxi. That's what's playing at the Roxy." Nathan Detroit (Frank Sinatra) Guys and Dolls
I love Sinatra. I love Guys and Dolls. Hence the reason for today's quote. Well that and it's my blog and I'll write whatever I feel like writing. 😉
One of my random posts just to bring you up to date on what's been going on in my life but doesn't necessitate an entire blog post.
- Remember Preston with the suicidal dog? He texted me a few weeks ago. He wanted a one-nighter. I declined. Haven't heard from him since.
- Catholic Boy and I have been chatting quite a bit. Poor guy got quite an earful about Clark and amazingly enough is still talking to me. I have come to the realization I am in love with Catholic Boy. However, given that he's been through a handful of girlfriends since we met five years ago and I've been a piece on the side through most of those relationships, I will never pursue anything with him. Like I said a few weeks ago, our friendship far outweighs the benefits on my side of things.
- In my on-going weight loss project, I was happily introduced to the blog Skinnytaste by Lovely Lisa. It's a wonderful blog written by Gina who is dedicated to making delicious, scrumptious healthy recipes. All recipes are Weight Watchers friendly and the variety is absolutely mind-boggling. So far I've made Stuffed Pepper Soup, Greek Turkey Meatballs, Skinny Tzatzki, and Easy Crust-Less Spinach and Feta Pie. And I've made them all twice, believe it or not (not just because they were so good but because I also had all of the ingredients on hand and needed lunch).
- Confession: I love Regency (pre-, during and post-Napoleonic wars) romance novels. I devour them by the boxload that I buy either through eBay or my local used bookstore (Paperback Trade Inn in Clawson).
- After seeing him in Push, I developed a cougar crush on Chris Evans. So when What's Your Number starring Anna Faris and Chris Evans came out on DVD, I ran out and bought it despite the bad reviews. Well, that and I think Anna Faris' character Ally and I have a lot in common. Not going to lie, I enjoyed it. So if you want to have a What's Your Number viewing party, hit me up.
- So not only have I been watching What's Your Number, but Bridget Jones' Diary, He's Just Not That Into You, The Holiday, The Naked Truth and Love Actually are in constant rotation on my DVD player.
- Just curious if anyone is stunned by my revelation about Catholic Boy. I literally was walking back from lunch with Lovely Lisa and it just kind of came into my head and out of my mouth.
- I'm considering hiring a big teddy-bear type guy to be my personal hugger who doubles as my movie watching/cuddling partner. It's been a while since I've experienced the human touch (and for once, I don't mean that in a sexual way).
- I'm tired. Not like physically sleepy tired (well, most days anyways) but tired with the direction my life is taking. Bored is probably the more accurate word here. But regardless…. I think I'm going to spend May researching low-cost ways to make my life more interesting. Any and all suggestions are welcome.
And that, my friends, is all the news that's fit to print. Cheers!