Hello friends, and a good Wednesday morning to you. Welcome to “Mo’ Musings.” These are just little thoughts that randomly enter my head, guide you to what I want to share, and more. Hope you enjoy!
I went out with some girlfriends Saturday night. At some point, I mentioned to my friend Amanda that I still hold firm to the “no guys with hair longer than mine” rule. Wouldn’t you know it? Some guy comes over to our table with hair longer than mine and makes a comment on my “fabulous Aztec earrings” and then offers to be my sacrifice. “I would totally let you cut off my head so you could be queen” were his exact words. Still don’t know how to respond to that one.
- Driving to work the other day and not one but two cars were parked on the road, flashers on, trunks open and both drivers out of their vehicles rifling through their trunks. So why did a woman pull up behind the two cars and begin honking her horn at them? Who gives out drivers licenses these days?
- Avocados are on sale this week 10 for $10 at Krogers. You should use them to make Mozzarella, Tomato and Avocado Salad by ValSoCal. It’s delicious. Just one note: if you don’t eat it all in one sitting, be sure to place plastic wrap directly ON the salad to try and keep the avocados as green as possible.
- I am also a big fan of this Avocado Feta Salad by Diethood’s Katerina. I’ve made this salad exactly as it states in the recipe, and I’ve also added ingredients and left some out; case in point, I sometimes substitute cucumbers for avocados. It’s a very adaptable salad.
- Gossip Girl, followed immediately by Castle, used to dominate my Monday nights. I even had my mom watching it for awhile (she does a GREAT Chuck Bass imitation by the way). But somewhere in the midst of Season 3, they lost me. I even own a few seasons on DVD but yeah, I don’t turn to them as much as I’ve turned to Sex and the City, Charmed or NCIS. So imagine my surprise when I read on Glamour’s 2nd Annual Obsessed TV Awards that Dan Humphries was actually Gossip Girl. Mind. Blown.
- While we’re talking about teen television that I watch, I may as well admit that I love Vampire Diaries and Hart of Dixie as well, even though I haven’t watched any of this season’s shows because I don’t have cable and my CW reception is wonky at best. Other shows I watch are Elementary and Once Upon A Time. Speaking of which, Once fans… they are launching a Once Upon A Time in Wonderland version next fall. See the preview here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQr2BGyhHBQ
- I’m going to New York next month with my friend Jen (you remember Jen, don’t you? If not, visit her guest blog here). We’re visiting our childhood friend Emilie. I bought a new camera for the occasion. Consider yourselves warned. Oh, and brace yourselves.
- What I’m reading: “In Zanesville” by Jo Ann Beard, Lauren Willig’s “Seduction of the Crimson Rose” and “WordPress for Dummies.”
- What I’m listening to: Melody Gardot’s “The Absence” and Gin Wigmore’s “Holy Smoke.”
- What I’m obsessing over: the Pearl Ring from Tiffany & Co.’s Jazz Age-inspired Ziegfeld Collection. I’m considering purchasing it while in New York.